Red Roof Inn
Deploys UltiPro Business Intelligence to Transform Operations, People Management
- Capability for the first time to analyze groups of metrics together, such as quality scores, financial performance, and turnover
- Several department leaders are using analysis from business intelligence to support the company’s growth
- Enlightens conversations about potential candidates for open positions
Red Roof Inn is found in more than 500 locations across 40 U.S. states, employing almost 3 000 people and serving millions of guests each year. The company’s primary goal is to provide customers a savings without sacrificing comfort.
Prior to UltiPro, weak data collection and reporting systems prevented HR from identifying the company's top performers, analyzing turnover, and improving the employee experience. Without the ability to run business-specific reports, HR missed opportunities to provide senior management with data-driven insights. Reporting problems were compounded by a system that recorded every employee transfer between Red Roof entities as a termination, undermining statistics about employee tenure and development. In addition, valuable performance evaluation data was accessible only through imprecise, manual processes.
• Real-time business intelligence improved ability to monitor employee turnover, and drill down into position specifics.
• For the first time, the company has insight into its employees’ work and compensation history.
• The centralized system of record boosts objectivity when evaluating employees for promotions and growth opportunities.